Curriculum Review (MSERRP)
A lot is known about what works in sexuality education and HIV/STI prevention. It is critical that schools, public agencies and community organizations use strategies known to be effective with youth.
The following sexuality education and HIV/STI prevention resources (curricula, manuals and videos) have been reviewed by the Minnesota Sexuality Education Resource Review Panel (MSERRP), the federal review panel required by the Centers for Disease Control.
MSERRP evaluated all resources on this list using specific, research-based criteria for effective sexuality education and HIV prevention programs. Each resource review summary includes the panel's recommendation regarding use of the resource, a summary of its strengths and limitations, and a rating on each criterion.
- Recommended Curricula and Manuals by Title
- Recommended Videos by Title
- Recommended Videos by Topic
- Other Recommended Resources
- All MSERRP Reviewed Resources (PDF) - If you are considering a resource and want to know whether it has been reviewed by MSERRP in the past six years (2005-2011) here is a list of all resources reviewed by the panel.
For more information about MSERRP
About the Review Criteria
- Definition of Comprehensive Sexuality Education
- Positive Sexual Health Promotion through Comprehensive Sexuality Education (PDF)
- Resource Review Form (PDF)